Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Long View

A bit of news: at the end of February, I officially accepted a promotion at one of my three museums. As of next week, I'll be leaving one museum, where I've worked since the summer of 2009, and becoming Co-Director of another museum, where I've been since the spring of 2010. I'll keep my third job for the time being, for the love of it (and for the extra income).

It's an exciting change and one that will hopefully bring some focus as well as some stress. For the last three years, I've worked three jobs in three different towns (while living in a fourth). It's been manageable but certainly not stress-free. The idea of working the job closest to home nearly full-time (~35 hours/week) and keeping my most-beloved other job as a side gig?  Heaven.

So with just two more work days to go at one museum, today was one of the last times I'll see the million dollar view above.  But here's to new beginnings and happy endings!

No comments: