Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Snowy Scene & Social Media

After the snowstorm last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I wanted to see if I could snap a decent shot of one of my museum's 17th century houses for our Facebook page. However, I didn't feel like getting to work, leaving one building, trudging across the street to the 17th century building, and taking a picture with my feet in the cold snow. So I cheated. I pulled my car down the small side road next to the house, hopped out, snapped three images, and called it good enough.

So imagine my surprise when I uploaded the image above to the museum's Facebook page and it went viral!  As of today, 15 comments, 123 likes, and an FB-estimated reach of 1,376.  Amazing.

Oh, and while I'm here, today is Museophilia's 5th birthday.  Happy birthday, little museum blog that no one reads!  ;)

No comments: