Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Museum Daily #16

I took a group of middle schoolers to the burial ground today and the sight of them roaming around the old stones was priceless. At first, they were nervous and made jokes about zombies (it IS close to Halloween, after all), but then they really got into it. They found children & married couples & family plots and came running to tell me about them. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get out the camera, so I have no image of them besides that in my own mind. The late afternoon sun angling through the trees, the chestnuts and crunchy leaves underfoot, the delicate slate gravestones . . . Strange as it sounds, it was really lovely.

However, the shot above is of the river we walked by on our way to the burial ground and it's a lovely thing on its own. Hope it's a decent substitute!

No comments: